A Very Merry Barc Christmas Guide.
With 2020 on it's way out, let's end it on a high. It is Christmas after all.
December is jam-packed full of activity in your house; decorations going up, present being wrapped, yummy things cooking, Christmas tunes playing...and of course you'll want to get your pup involved; they're part of the family after all!
So, we've compiled a little list of fun things to do with your dog which could spark the start of some wonderful Christmas traditions.
- Dog walk to see local Christmas lights
Time for everyone to get snuggled up warm; Christmas jumpers, woolly hats, gloves and all; don’t forget the dog! With our wear collection launch just around the corner, we’ll soon have the perfect layer for them, but in the meantime grab their harness, clip them up and off you go. Set out around your local area, hunting down those festive houses.
- Christmas dog treats
Pretty sure you'll be munching many delicious treats over the Christmas period, however, a lot of them will be unsuitable for your four-legged friend.
Why not have a go at some festive baking? The RSPCA have a great recipe for honey and banana biscuits, plus a how-to video to follow. Grab yourself a festive cookie cutter and create some great little treats to give your pup while you enjoy your mince pies.
If you're no Mary Berry (although we've found our dogs aren't harsh critics), there are plenty of festive treats around; Lily's Kitchen is one we would definitely recommend, they've got an amazing festive selection.
Alternatively, another quick and easy treat on the big day is to pour some of your turkey juices over their food for their own little Christmas dinner. They’ll love it.
- Festive photoshoot
What better way to create Christmas memories than taking some adorable festive snaps of your four-legged friend. Pop a bow on their head and sit them under the tree (if they’ll let you that is!), or just get a lovely family photo of you all in Christmas jumpers...you could even use it for next year’s Christmas card.
- Under the tree for your pooch
Best way to get the pups involved on the big day is by spoiling them with some gifts of their own. They’ll have so much fun sniffing out what’s theirs and tearing off the wrapping paper.
Why not wrap up their favourite tasty treats for them to sniff out, or get them a brand new toy to play with. After all, nothing can beat that adorable head tilt from side-to-side that follows the sound of a new squeaky toy.
Check out our brand new Barc Play Range, launching December 5th. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, but equally adored by all the dogs here at Barc HQ. And don’t forget we’ve also got squeaky tennis balls. (Bonus feature: they all come in a gorgeous array of colours so you won’t mind them being left all over the house!)
So all of our dogs have been good boys and girls all year (give or take), so what should you get them for Christmas? Here are a few small ideas to spoil them this festive season:
- So we’ve already mentioned Lily’s kitchen treats, but they are so loved by our dogs we can’t help but mention them again.
- Treat your pooch to pamper with gifts from Wild For Dogs. We can’t lie, they actually look better than our own toiletry selection, and they are 100% free from any nasties. Plus, you’ll be treated to a sweet smelling fur baby.
- Etsy has such a fantastic range of personalised gifts you can get for your dog. Just one of our personal faves is MarleyandCoDesigns. They do some beautiful human jewellery, but it is their dog ID tags that caught our eye, they have some very amusing sayings on them!
- Don't forget about our Barc Play Range launching on December 5th, we are confident these will make the most perfect pup stocking fillers. Or why not treat them to a stylish new collar and lead set for all those 2021 walkies.